Congratulations to our CMHP members who have successfully completed their recredentialing process affirming their expert level of knowledge in mental health pharmacy:
* Priti Ved - Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust
* Amanda Kelso - Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust
Nikki Holmes, CMHP Vice-President and former Assistant Registrar said:
"It was fantastic to read portfolios that so clearly met our criteria, and invigorating to see the great work that Priti and Amanda are doing!"
Nikki has now handed over the role of Assistant Registrar to CMHP Council Member Ciara Ni Dhubhliang.
Credentialling is an important aspect of the College’s work as it recognises professional development in the specialist field of mental health pharmacy. Increasingly employers are including College Credentialling either as a desirable or essential requirement in senior mental health pharmacist job descriptions.
Full (credentialled) membership is available to pharmacists who have attained an expert level of working. To be eligible for full membership the associate CMHP member pharmacist has to demonstrate one of the following:
- 5 years active experience in psychiatric pharmacy practice. OR
- 3 years active experience and a pass on the Aston University Postgraduate Diploma in Psychiatric Pharmacy Therapeutics. OR
- 3 years experience and an MSc which contains a large psychiatric component.
If you would like to find out more about becoming a credentialled member of the College, please look at the credentialling pages on our website.