The 7th Annual International CMHP Psychiatric Pharmacy Conference took place from 7-9 October 2016 in Bristol.
This year our conference had a cradle to grave theme. We looked at mental health conditions throughout the journey from before birth to end of life – including post-natal conditions, child and adolescent mental health, suicide and its prevention, and dementia.
For details of the programme please download the Conference programme 2016.
Highlights and snippets from the conference are available as follows:
- Friday highlights, including:
- the Brett Hill Memorial Lecture: Patient and Public Involvement - Andrew Grundy, Service User, Research Associate in the School of Health Sciences, University of Nottingham
- Genetics in Mental Health - Professor Paul Harrison, President of the British Association for Psychopharmacology
- Mental Health and the Microbiome - Professor John Cryan, University College Cork
- Psychoactive Substances - Professor David Nutt, Imperial College London
- Saturday highlights, including:
- Pharmacy practice oral presentations
- Primary Care Issues, USA - Professor Larry Cohen, Professor of Pharmacotherapy, University of North Texas System College of Pharmacy
- Primary Care Issues, London - Carl Holvey, Lead Clinical and Deputy Chief Pharmacist, SWLStG
- Community Pharmacist Experience - Jordi Morral, Community Pharmacist, Hon Research Fellow, University of Bradford
- Workshop presentations
- Sunday highlights, including:
- Alzheimer's Research - Dr Manchip, Consultant Psychiatrist, Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
- Suicide - Hayley Gorton, Community Pharmacist and Lecturer, University of Manchester
- Resilience, Spirituality and Health - Revd. Dr. Alison J Gray, Spirituality and Psychiatry Special Interest Group. Psychiatrist, 2gether in Herefordshire