We have introduced a new level into our credentialing pathway: the foundation certificate.
The foundation certificate is for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians keen to demonstrate their commitment to professional development in psychiatric pharmacy, but who have not yet reached the level of experience and expertise required for full credentialed status.
To be eligible to apply, you MUST have completed at least TWO of the courses listed below within the last three years (one of which MUST be Psych 1 OR Psych 2).
- Psych 2 - Delegates have three years to complete all four days on the Psych 2 course. Delegates who have already completed the previous Psych 2 (three sessions) will not be required to take the additional new session.
- any of the BAP clinical certificate modules
- the RCGP part 1 in Drugs or Alcohol part 1 certificates (via Spectrum L&D),
Candidates will need to:
- Submit an application form with references
- Go through an assessment, where they are expected to discuss a case which they have prepared from their own practice, and to discuss a previously unseen case vignette.
The foundation certificate fee of £100 is payable at the time of application and not refundable except at the discretion of the Registrar/CMHP Council who may give consideration to extenuating circumstances if applicable.
For further details please view the foundation certificate outcomes document below or contact CMHP Registrar [email protected]
For an overview of the foundation pathway and credentialing, please see the document: Overview of Foundation Certificate Credentialing Recredentialing Pathways v6.2 (pdf)
To apply please submit the following:
The deadlines for portfolio submission for the 2023 vivas are:
- Tuesday 7 February 2023 for Spring vivas
- Tuesday 8 August 2023 for Autumn vivas (likely to be October 2023)
Mentoring and support
If you are interested in undertaking the foundation certificate but would like some further mentoring and support or would like to talk to someone who has been through the process please contact [email protected] with your request and they will be able to put you in touch with an appropriate person.