Full, credentialed members of the College are required to recredential every five years.
The recredentialing process is relatively simple and estimated to take around 2-3 hours. No viva is required but evidence of continuous CPD and reflective practice is essential. Below is an outline of the evidence needed by the Council to confirm you are still worthy of credentialed status. An email will be sent to individuals at least 1 month before expiry, inviting them for re-credentialing.
Evidence required for recredentialing
(Please note number of words must be within 10% of the specified word count)
- A description of your current service, role and responsibilities within this service (250 words).
- Your CPD record for the past five years, including evidence of reflective practice, in the GPhC format (please provide reviewer access to your uptodate.org account). For applicants from outside of the UK, evidence must be provided that CPD requirements of the appropriate regulatory body have been adhered to.
- Details of what you consider to be your three greatest professional achievements during the past five years, providing at least one piece of evidence for each (500 words for each achievement).
- Details of what you consider to have been less than successful, accompanied by information as to how you might revisit the challenge in the future with a greater chance of achieving the desired outcome (500 words).
- Details of your professional aspirations for the next five years (500 words).
- An outline of your involvement with the College/how you have helped to raise the profile of mental health pharmacy over the last five years or what you would like to get involved in following successful re-credentialing (250 words).
There is a recredentiling fee of £75 to cover the costs to the College. This can be paid via bank transfer:
Account name: CMHP
UK: Sort code: 40-35-34 Account no: 9272 2348
International: Swift/BIC code: MIDLGB, IBAN: GB07MIDL40353492722348
Please specify your name or CMHP number and RECRED in the reference.
Alternatively you can pay by Paypal by selecting the 'Buy Now' option.
This fee must be paid prior to sending your submission.
The information you provide will be reviewed by the credentialing panel and kept on file. You will be notified within six weeks as to the outcome of your recredentialing review.
Evidence should be sent to:
CMHP Assistant Registrar, Roz Gittins: firstname.lastname@example.org.