We offer this prestigious bursary for clinical or practice research in psychiatric pharmacy, to enable the successful applicant to attend a major international conference.
Applicants for the travel bursary must be associate or full members the College of Mental Health Pharmacy. The award provides up to £1,500 sponsorship to attend a major international conference of the winner’s choice.
The call for applications opens on 24 April with a closing date of 30 June 2018. The process for submissions is outlined below.
- CMHP will issue a call for applications for the travel bursary
- Submissions should cover research work completed in the previous year
- Submissions should take the form of a brief paper (no more than 2500 words, excluding tables and references) describing the research, and must be made by the stated deadline
- The bursary will be awarded by an independent panel consisting of three judges.
- Submissions are coded by the organiser and sent without the title page to the three judges to retain anonymity.
The successful applicant
The winner will be expected to give a presentation on the results of the research work submitted for the Award at the CMHP Annual Conference.
The winner will also be expected to write a short, reflective piece around the time spent at the major, International Conference they attend as part of the Travel Bursary. This could take the form of a blog post or newsletter article and will be communicated by CMHP to the wider membership, so that the winner can share their experience.
Preparing your submission
- Please submit your paper electronically. The first page should include the title and your contact details, including your place of work, telephone contact and email details.
- All subsequent pages must repeat the title as a header
- All subsequent pages must not mention the author’s name
- For the sake of anonymity in the marking process, the title and text should exclude any identifying names or places
- The title page should be followed by a short abstract of no more than 350 words.
- The abstract should be made up of the following:
- The main report of the work should be made up of the following:
- Conclusions and implications for practice and future research.
- The report must be typed in at least 12 point, double-spaced with standard margins, and have numbered pages. Tables, figures and references (numerical style) should be on separate pages at the end. As your report is the only means of assessing your project, it should be self-contained and self-explanatory.
Please include a covering letter with your submission stating:
- The full title of the project
- Your full name and correspondence address (that should be valid after 1st September 2018)
- Your telephone, mobile telephone number and e-mail address (all valid after 1 September 2018)
- A statement confirming that you undertook the work yourself without assistance other than that of a supervisor
- A statement acknowledging that you are willing to present your project as a short oral presentation at the Annual CMHP Conference 2019.
Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 30 June 2018. The call for applications is now open.