We are pleased to offer this prestigious bursary award of up to £1,500 for clinical or practice research in psychiatric pharmacy, to enable a successful applicant to attend a major international conference of their choice.
This may be a conference they wish to present at, have been accepted to present at, or just a conference or event they would like to attend for CPD purposes.
Eligibility and Process
- Applicants must be associate or full CMHP members, and either registered pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- CMHP will issue a call for applications for the travel bursary via their social media platforms, on their website and through the CMHP email chat group
- Submissions should take the form of a paper that describes research work completed in the previous 12 months – see below for details and how to prepare and submit your application
- The submissions will be judged by an independent panel of up to three judges (submissions will be coded and sent to judges without the title page to retain anonymity).
The successful applicant
The winner will be invited to present the results of their research work at a future CMHP annual conference.
The winner will also be expected to write a short, reflective piece about the international conference they attended. This could take the form of a blog, vlog or newsletter article and will be communicated by CMHP to the wider membership, so that the winner can share their experience and encourage others to apply in future.
Preparing your submission
Please submit your paper electronically as a word document.
- The report must be typed in Arial font size 12, double-spaced with standard margins and have numbered pages as a footer.
- As your report is the only means of assessing your research project, it should be self-contained and self-explanatory.
- The first/front cover page should include:
- The full title of the project
- Your full name, job title, place of work, correspondence address, telephone number and e-mail address
- A statement confirming that you undertook the work yourself without assistance other than that of a supervisor
- A statement acknowledging that you are willing to attend and present your project as a short oral presentation at the next annual CMHP conference
- Details of the conference you wish to attend and why, if successful (with estimated costs if known).
- The title page should be followed by a short abstract summary of no more than 350 words.
- All subsequent pages must repeat the project title as a header
- All subsequent pages must not mention the author’s name
- For the sake of anonymity in the marking process, the title and text should exclude any identifying names or places
- The rest of the report should be no more than 2500 words, excluding tables and references and contain the following:
- Conclusion and implications for practise or future research
- References (Vancouver style)