Congratulations to our CMHP members who have successfully completed the re-credentialling process affirming their expert level of knowledge in mental health pharmacy.
- Oyebimpe Idowu, Oxleas NHS Trust
- Anita Solanki, Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Anne Connolly, South London and the Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- Justine Raynsford, Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
To achieve their re-credentialled status, they had to demonstrate evidence of continuous CPD and reflective practice. These members are now full members of the College of Mental Health Pharmacy and subject to ongoing subscription will be credentialled until 2020.
Credentialling is an important aspect of the College's work as it recognises professional development in the specialist field of mental health pharmacy. Increasingly employers are including College Credentialling either as a desirable or essential requirement in senior mental health pharmacist job descriptions.
Full (credentialled) membership is available to pharmacists who have attained an expert level of working. To be eligible for full membership the associate CMHP member pharmacist has to demonstrate one of the following:
- 5 years active experience in psychiatric pharmacy practice. OR
- 3 years active experience and a pass on the Aston University Postgraduate Diploma in Psychiatric Pharmacy Therapeutics. OR
- 3 years experience and an MSc which contains a large psychiatric component.
If you would like to find out more about becoming a credentialled member of the College, please look at the credentialling pages on our website.