Full, credentialed members of the College are required to recredential every five years. The recredentialing process is relatively simple and estimated to take around 3-4 hours (excluding continual professional development (CPD) recording). No viva is required but evidence of continuous CPD and reflective practice within mental health pharmacy is essential.
Below is an outline of the evidence needed by the Council to confirm that you have maintained an expert level of practice and are elegible to recredential. A letter will be sent to individuals one month before expiry of College membership inviting you for recredentialing. Credentialed members are strongly encouraged to prepare in advance of this request.
Extensions for recredentialing submissions can be granted in certain circumstances. Up to a maximum of six months is permissible where time pressures delay submission, or up to one year can be granted in specific agreed circumstances e.g. maternity leave.
Please note that if an extension is granted, the recredentialed status will apply for a five year period from the original expiry date.
- A copy of your current job description
- Your CPD record for the past three years, including evidence of reflective practice, preferably in the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) format (you will be able to set your on line record to be reviewed). Note that a minimum of 9 entries per year are required as per the GPhC Standards.
- Details of what you consider to be your three greatest professional achievements during the past five years (maximum 500 words). Please provide at least 5 pieces of evidence to support this.
- Details of what you consider to have been less than successful, accompanied by information as to how you might revisit the challenge in the future with a greater chance of achieving the desired outcome (maximum 500 words). We would be happy to support you in this if necessary.
- Details of your professional aspirations for the next five years (maximum 500 words).
There is a recredentiling fee of £75 to cover the costs to the College. This can be paid via bank transfer:
Account name: CMHP
UK: Sort code: 40-35-34 Account no: 9272 2348
International: Swift/BIC code: MIDLGB, IBAN: GB07MIDL40353492722348
Please specify your name or CMHP number and RECRED in the reference.
Alternatively you can pay by Paypal by selecting the 'Buy Now' option.
This fee must be paid prior to sending your submission.
The information you provide will be reviewed by the credentialing panel and kept on file. You will be notified within six weeks as to the outcome of your recredentialing review.
Evidence should be sent to:
CMHP Assistant Registrar, Roz Gittins: firstname.lastname@example.org.