Our charitable object is: To advance education in the practice of mental health pharmacy and to promote and disseminate research for the public benefit, in all aspects of that subject
- To support, develop and encourage the safe, effective and economical use of medicines for people with mental health problems.
- To recognise advanced levels of practice through credentialing of our members and inform the wider process of accreditation within pharmacy as a whole.
- To ensure the sharing of good practice and learning and to identify and prioritise areas for audit, research and development at local and national level.
- Enhance the awareness of mental health conditions and their management in all care sectors.
- To ensure the future of the College of Mental Health Pharmacy as a charitable organisation.
- 1.a. Sustain current educational events and resources to develop skill base and knowledge
- 1.b. To identify further education and training needs related to safer prescribing of mental health medicines
- 1.c. Provide clinical expertise to policy and guideline development
- 1.d. To support development of specialist groups within mental health pharmacy practice
- 1.e. To lead on the development of standards for pharmacy services such as medicines management/optimization
- 2.a. Credentialing of CMHP members
- 2b. Involvement in the development of the national pharmacy credentialing system
- 2c. Involvement in the development of undergraduate and postgraduate pharmacy curricula
- 3.a. Reduce the inappropriate prescribing of psychotropic medicines and to promote best practice in prescribing psychotropic medicines
- 3.b. Develop research activity and expertise in the membership
- 3.c. Disseminate good practice via the CMHP newsletter, website and other media
- 4.a. Engage with other organisations to support and enable their skills and knowledge development and engender awareness and collaboration
- 4.b. Engage with the media to provide information about mental health conditions and their treatments
- 5.a. Maintain communication with membership
- 5.b. Increase membership from other pharmacy care sectors
- 5.c. Ensure financial sustainability
- 5.d. Comply with all aspects pertaining to charitable status.